For a brief time, after Marvel Studios announced that they would not have an Avengers panel at the San Diego Comic-Con this year, there was panic among the masses that Joss Whedon would not be in attendance. Comic-Con without Joss is like peanut-butter without jelly– enjoyable by itself, but so much sweeter together. Fortunately, Dark Horse Comics stepped in to make a delicious Whedon-ful sandwich, spreading a tasty helping of panels and signings.
Dig: Saturday from 3 to 4, Joss will be holding court at the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront. According to Dark Horse, “Here’s your chance to find out what he has in store for us next, including a sneak peek at the brand-new Angel & Faith and Buffy Season 9 comics, plus exciting news about Buffy digital comics.” Earlier in the day, from 12 to 1, they’ll be having signings at their booth with younger brother Zack Whedon, along with writer Andrew Chambliss (Dollhouse, The Vampire Diaries) and graphic artists Georges Jeanty and Jo Chen. Then, from 5PM, Joss will also be signing items at Dark Horse. Both of these signings are by ticketed lottery.
Beyond the Jossir himself, Comic-Con will have panels that include the leads of every one of his TV series:
* On Thursday, from 1:45-2:45PM in Ballroom 20, Sarah Michelle Gellar previews her return to television in the CW’s Ringer, in which she plays an identical twin forced to take on her sister’s identity.
* The following day, also from 1:45-2:45 in Ballroom 20, David Boreanaz will be on the Bones panel with co-star Emily Deschanel.
* Later on Friday from 8:00-10PM in Ballroom 20, Eliza Dushku joins the rest of the voice cast of Batman: Year One for the world premiere of the animated movie based on the Frank Miller series.
* On Saturday morning, Adam Baldwin will be part of the last hurrah for Chuck, between 10:00 and 10:45 in Ballroom 20.
* Just after Joss’s panel, from 4:15 to 5:15 in Room 6A, Angel‘s co-creator David Greenwalt along with writer Jim Kouf will present their new NBC supernatural series Grimm in a panel moderated by the Watcher himself, Anthony Stewart Head.
* Sunday has Nathan Fillion in a panel for his series Castle from 11:45 to 12:45PM in Room 6BCF.
* Following immediately after from 1:00-2:00PM in 6BCF is Anthony Head on a panel for Merlin.
And these are just the highlights! For more Whedonverse events at Comic-Con, check out our schedule at: http://www.whedonverse.net/comic-con-events/
Latest posts by Simon (see all)
- James Marsters at Wizard World Tulsa 2016 (Photo Gallery) - October 22, 2016
- Phil LaMarr and Kevin Conroy get animated at Wizard World Tulsa 2015 - November 1, 2015
- Christian Kane Talks Roles, Music & Future - October 25, 2015